Thursday, January 6, 2011

Now Abhishek will romance with Katrina

Abhishek and Katrina Kaif were last seen together almost five years ago in ‘Sarkar’ where the two did not get many scenes together. There after they did not come together in any film and rumors were rift that Salman had asked Katrina not to work with Abhi and Katrina too bore some personal grudges against Junior Bachchan.

However, the two are set to make up for the long gap by appearing in three flicks in a row. First would be Karan Johar produced ‘Dostana 2’ directed by Tarun Mansukhani, next would be untitled romantic comedy directed by Rajnkumar Santoshi and the last one would be the film by Vipul Shah.

Kaif says, “I had done one of my earliest films (Sarkar) with Abhishek. And it was great fun. Somehow subsequent projects didn’t work out. I had decided whenever I work with him again, it would be in an out-and-out romantic subject.”

Rajnkumar Santoshi proved his excellence in comedy with ‘Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani’ starring with Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif. Santoshi’s first comedy film in 1994 ‘Andaz Apna Apna’ became a cult movie.

Says Santoshi, “I’ve worked with Amitji before in Family and Khakee. But I’ve still not worked with Abhishek. I am really looking forward to directing him for the first time.

In him, I see great-untapped potential and a hunger to excel. There’s a very mischievous side to his personality, which has not been tapped in any film. I think Abhishek has great comic potential. When I wrote this script I thought of him immediately.”

No comments:

Post a Comment